Click the links below to download materials from the 2019 SCACA Conference.
SUNDAY, August 4, 2019
- Joanie Winters (Winters Law Firm) – “Discrimination Standards”
- Ned Nicholson (Burr & Forman) – “The 2017 AIA Construction Contracts Update: More Fun than Tax Law” (handout)
- E. Tyler Smith & Ray Jones (Parker Poe) – Opportunity Zones
- Amelia Furr Ruple (SCDOR) – “The Administrative Tax Process and the Administrative Law Court” (handout)
MONDAY, August 5, 2019
- Ken Roper (Pickens County Attorney) – “Ethics for the County Attorney”
- Emily S. Luther & Walt Cartin (Parker Poe) – “The Curious Case of the Disappearing Tax Base: How DOR’s Actions Affect Local Taxing Entities”
- India Vincent, Jim Denning & Tom Potter (Burr & Forman)– “Cybersecurity, Data Breach and Block Chain Primer” (handout)
- Tom Potter & Michael J Seezan (Burr & Forman) – “The SEC’s New Focus on Municipal Markets”
Course information from the Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.