Jenny Newman is an associate practicing workers’ compensation defense, representing employers and their carriers against claims and disputes throughout South Carolina. Before attending law school, she worked as a paralegal for a claimant’s firm, which gives her unique insight into the claims management process from all perspectives.
Prior to working at Collins & Lacy, Jenny focused primarily in bankruptcy matters and frequently argued cases in front of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina.
A native of Irmo and an avid Gamecock fan, Jenny calls the Midlands her home. She received her undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of South Carolina, and she earned her Juris Doctor from the Charleston School of Law, cum laude.
She enjoys spending time with her husband, stepson, and dogs, Dash and Neptune. Most weekends you can find her enjoying Lake Murray or a concert.
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
Awards & Recognition
- Cali Award for Excellence in Consumer Bankruptcy
Professional, Civic, & Community Involvement
Papers & Publications
- “Holiday Parties and Risk for Workers’ Compensation Claims,” SC Workers’ Compensation Educational Association Chronicles, December 2018
- “Workers’ Compensation: Filing Fee Increase Takes Effect in South Carolina,” South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law Blog, August 2018
- “Supreme Court Upends Back Ratings,” South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Law Blog, April 2017