From the American Hotel & Lodging Association, 10 things hoteliers should do to succeed. By emulating how leading properties and companies have leveraged these strategies, your organization can increase guest satisfaction, achieve new business, and overcome obstacles in the midst of this current economic climate.
1. Stay on top of local and national legislation.
2. Know where your competition stands, and invest in resources for efficient forecasting and planning.
3. Pay attention to the latest trends and innovations.
4. Be prepared for an emergency.
5. Cut costs by knowing your ROI on every purchase.
6. Better serve guests by comprehensively training your staff.
7. Find tangible strategies for going green.
8. Take action to retain top employees.
9. Have a viable press strategy.
10. Be knowledgeable – tap into the minds of industry frontrunners.
in reference to: