Community service and volunteerism is an integral part of the Collins & Lacy culture. Our attorneys and staff are committed to taking an active role in the communities in which we work and live.
Attorneys and staff members donate their time and skills to several community organizations, including:
- Kids’ Chance of South Carolina, which provides educational scholarships to the children of workers who were hurt or killed on the job.
- South Carolina Bar Law Related Education (LRE), which is a service arm of the Bar that, since the mid-1980s, has provided teachers, school resource officers, juvenile justice personnel and lawyers with resources, materials and technical assistance to teach law and citizenship education.
- South Carolina Bar Foundation, which is the philanthropic arm of the South Carolina Bar. The Foundation’s mission is to fund the advancement of justice by improving access, education, and accountability.
- Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands, which helps victims of sexual abuse recover and rebuild their lives and educates the community on how to identify and prevent sexual abuse.
- Rotary Clubs in Columbia and Myrtle Beach, which provide humanitarian outreach and encourage high ethical standards in all vocations.
- Boy Scouts of America, which provides young people with a program that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship and develops personal fitness
- South Carolina Youth Advocate Program (SCYAP), serves at South Carolina’s premier provider of foster care and community-based services.
Collins & Lacy was honored with the International Society of Primerus Law Firms Community Service Award at the 2012 Primerus Global Conference. The firm won the international award based on Collins & Lacy’s participation in numerous community service events, our dedication to providing pro bono legal services, and our active involvement with a number of local charitable and civic organizations.
Please contact us if you have a community service or volunteer project you would like us to explore.