Attorney Charles A. Kinney is a Certified Claims Professional (CCP) and Certified Litigation Management Professional (CLMP).* At Collins & Lacy, he defends against claims involving:
- general & professional liability;
- commercial & trucking liability;
- products liability.
Charles represents financial advisors in broker-dealer actions in state court and in arbitration before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). His litigation experience also includes civil, criminal and domestic matters.
Charles grew up in Greensboro, North Carolina, and then received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of South Carolina. He earned his Juris Doctor at the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating on the Dean’s List. Prior to working at Collins & Lacy, PC, he worked as an associate defending clients through each stage of civil litigation, often involving professional liability, and has defended various other kinds of casualty claims. He was also the sole attorney of a personal injury firm, handling litigation from initial client meeting to the settlement or trial.
Charles has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2020 and 2021.
Charles lives in Columbia with his wife, Elizabeth, and two children. Through his involvement with the SC Bar, Charles has had the opportunity to mentor a child at Epworth Children’s Home, with bi-weekly visits.
*Certification through the Claims and Litigation (CLM) Alliance
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Recognition
- Certified Litigation Management Professional designation (CLMP)
- Certified Claims Professional (CCP) - Transportation
Professional, Civic, & Community Involvement
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney Association (SCDTAA)
- Member and Chair of Government Liability Committee
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- Professional Liability Community
- Transportation Committee
- Products Liability Committee
- Epworth Children’s Home, Mentor
- Contemporaries for the Columbia Museum of Art
- Columbia Historical Foundation, Palladium Society