- Charles L. Appleby IV
- Kristian C. Bell
- Christian E. Boesl
- Jack D. Griffeth
- Michael S. Pitts
- Ross B. Plyler
- New Certification Service Available to Minority-owned and Women-owned Businesses
- Attorneys Awarded: Half of Collins & Lacy Lawyers Honored Both Nationally and Statewide
- Collins & Lacy to Present on Social Media at the 2013 Southeastern RIMS Educational Conference
- Join us Sept. 4 for Greenville Chamber Presentation - Tricks of the Trade: Workers’ Compensation Lessons to Keep Your Company Out of Court
- Join Us August 19 and 20 for a Complimentary Training Session on the New Mediation Regulations
- Collins & Lacy to Host Presentation for Association of Corporate Counsel
Collins & Lacy has attorneys who know…effective employee/employer relationships are the lifeblood of every business.
Who We Represent...We represent employers, insurance carriers and self-insured groups in cases involving a number of challenging employment issues, including workplace safety, workers’ compensation, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, at-will employment and unemployment compensation.
What We Do...Highly experienced, and with a keen insight into employer/employee relations, Collins & Lacy litigates for clients and assists clients in proactively instituting policies and procedures in compliance with current labor and employment laws. Our attorneys are skilled in document preparation crafted to minimize risk, from employee handbooks to social media policies. Through both litigation and alternative dispute resolution, our Employment Law Practice Group has handled employment cases before such agencies as the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce, South Carolina Human Affairs Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
We routinely represent clients at all levels of state and federal court, including circuit court, federal district court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the South Carolina Supreme Court. Our team is also well-versed in payroll and employee audits through the Department of Employment and Workforce. In addition to our SC Employment Law Alerts Page, our Employment Law Practice Group keeps clients informed through the Employment Answers Quarterly newsletter, highlighting the latest in employment law trends and regulations.
- November 2012 - Social Media Policy Revision; Employees Miss Benefits for Misconduct; Keeping Claims Down through Wellness
- May 2012- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Announces Charleston Office, NLRB Suit & Region Consolidation, Social Media Monitoring by Employers
- February 2012- Latest EEOC Statistics, Social Media and New SC Employment Law Alert Website
- December 2011- Pressure from Businesses Gets to NLRB, Reminder: E-Verify Deadline January 1, 2012
Contact our Employment Law Practice Group Chair Christian Boesl at (803) 255-0453 for more information.