- Collins & Lacy almost Triples the Number of Attorneys Selected as South Carolina Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Elects Greenville Attorney as Leader of the Statewide Defense Firm
- Collins & Lacy to Host Presentation for Association of Corporate Counsel
- Attorney Pete Dworjanyn to Speak at Primerus Defense Institute Seminar on Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Collins & Lacy Attorneys to Present CLE to Association of Corporate Counsel
- Attorneys Christian Boesl and Michael Pitts to Speak at SC PRIMA 2012 March Madness Workshop
Collins & Lacy has Attorneys Who Know…the importance of comprehensive representation in efficiently and effectively litigating insurance coverage issues.
Who We Represent...Our experienced insurance team regularly represents American and international insurers in coverage matters including first party claims, commercial liability, Errors and Omissions, Directors and Officers, auto, disability, life, and occupational accident, including policies governed by ERISA. In addition, the Collins & Lacy Insurance Team represents our clients in extra-contractual claims.
- provide coverage opinions and draft reservation of rights and disclaimers,
- monitor underlying litigation and provide ongoing advice,
- participate in the loss investigation,
- take examinations under oath, and
- attend mediations on behalf of insurers, advocating the insurer's position to both claimants and the insured
- practice in subrogation claims due to property loss.
We offer innovative and effective trial strategies, and when necessary, we provide efficient pre-trial solutions in a wide variety of insurance issues. Contact Pete Dworjanyn, Chair of the Insurance Coverage Practice Group, to see how Collins & Lacy can help resolve your legal needs at (803) 255-0404.
Additional information: Check out our South Carolina Insurance Law Blog for the latest legal updates on insurance coverage in the Palmetto State.
Read our newsletter, Insurance Coverage Alerts, for the latest information and updates on legal issues related to insurance litigation.
- April 2013 - Collins & Lacy Litigates Landmark Case Gladden v. Boykin; Scope of an Arbitration Clause; New Managing Partner Mike Pitts
- December 2012 - Harleysville Update; Damages in Title Insurance Suits; E&O Endorsement Doesn't Cover Illegal Fees
- August 2012 - Directors & Officers Insurers Win Summary Judgment; Implications of Jessco Case; Charleston Grocer CGL Dispute
- April 2012 - Collins & Lacy Announces Charleston Office, Latest Updates in Insurance Coverage
- September 2011 - South Carolina Supreme Court Decision Analyzes Insurance Coverage for Progressive Damage Cases
- January 2011- S.C. Supreme Court Re-defines Meaning of "Occurrence" Within the Construction Defect Arena