Collins & Lacy is committed to utilizing the most effective resources to provide the best possible service to our clients. Our team approach to each case combines the talents of our experienced attorneys with the expertise of our in-house IT staff to form a dynamic litigation team. Working together, each litigation team designs the most effective strategy, outlining the most efficient technological resources to execute the strategy.
Our advanced in-house technology allows our attorneys and staff to search databases and index documents in a time-efficient manner and readily share information with a simple keystroke. Our litigation technology resources include:
Used in document intensive cases, this software electronically stores, searches and codes thousands of transcripts, notes and other documents, assisting attorneys and staff with the development of strategies for trial preparation.
Sanction by Verdict Systems
This specialized suite of applications is used for the compilation and delivery of audio/visual presentations in courtrooms and mediations, enabling attorneys to display evidence effectively to the jury and/or mediators.
CaseMap & TimeMap
These products play a vital role in helping attorneys accurately and effectively examine information and present facts at trial or mediation.
This service provides online research services and databases.
Secure Remote Access
This allows attorneys to work from other locations and have secure access to network resources vital to their work. Our firm also utilizes various smartphone devices as well as Blackberry handhelds which are connected to our offices via our Blackberry Enterprise Server. This system allows for attorneys, paralegals and office staff to keep in constant, confidential contact with clients and colleagues.
We utilize multi-media content to present our clients’ cases in preparation for trial or mediation. We use various industry-standard media software that enables us to handle video and audio editing, photographic work, and DVD and CD production.
Collins & Lacy features our attorneys' knowledge and commentary on current legal trends through several avenues, including industry-wide content engine JD Supra. See articles addressing topics on workers' compensation, construction, insurance and more here:
Collins & Lacy also works for you in and outside of the courtroom, striving to keep you informed on pressing legal issues in business defense through several electronic avenues.
Read and subscribe to our newsletters:
- Employment Answers Quarterly
- November 2012 - Social Media Policy Revision; Employees Miss Benefits for Misconduct; Keeping Claims Down through Wellness
- May 2012- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Announces Charleston Office, NLRB Suit & Region Consolidation, Social Media Monitoring by Employers
- February 2012- Latest EEOC Statistics, Social Media and New SC Employment Law Alert Website
- December 2011- Pressure from Businesses Gets to NLRB, Reminder: E-Verify Deadline January 1, 2012
- November 2011 - New NLRB Rulings for the New Year, E-Verify Deadline January 2012, Social Media Policy Revision
- June 2011 - iPhone Time Tracking Apps, Final ADAA Regulations, Social Media Policies & the NLRB
- Retail/Hospitality Law Newsletter
Bookmark these blogs:
- South Carolina Retail and Hospitality Law Blog. Founded by Christian Stegmaier and authored by the Retail/Hospitality Law Practice Group, this is a blog for retailers and hospitality-related entities doing business in South Carolina.
- South Carolina Products Liability Law Blog. Written by Brian Comer, this blog provides current information on trends in South Carolina products liability law for individuals and product manufacturers.
- South Carolina Employment Law Alerts provides pressing updates on the latest employment law legislation and other developments that affect HR managers and employers from our Employment Practice Group.