University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Citadel, B.S. Political Science
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Primerus Paradigm Magazine Features Collins & Lacy's Community Service Initiatives
- Founding Partner Joel Collins Explains What Being a Primerus Member Means to Collins & Lacy
- S.C. Supreme Court Advocates for Workers' Compensation Reform in Bentley v. Spartanburg; Collins & Lacy Attorneys Christian Boesl and Mikell Wyman Weigh In
- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Expands Statewide Footprint with Opening of Charleston Office
Mikell H. Wyman
Charleston, SC 29401
Mikell H. Wyman is a shareholder in the Charleston office of Collins & Lacy practicing in the areas of workers’ compensation and family law. Mikell started his 10-year legal career at a small firm in Columbia, South Carolina, working in civil litigation, family law, residential real estate and workers’ compensation defense matters. He later joined a larger firm in its Charleston, South Carolina office to focus his practice solely in the area of workers’ compensation defense. Mikell has developed particular experience in the defense of pulmonary injury/inhalation claims. Mikell graduated from The Citadel with a degree in Political Science and later obtained his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. While in law school, he served as an editor of the South Carolina Environmental Law Journal.
Bookmark our blog:South Carolina Workers' Compensation Law Blog.
Read our newsletters for the latest information and updates on legal issues related to the practice of Workers' Compensation, Employment and Insurance law in South Carolina.
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Workers’ Compensation: defense of self-insured and uninsured employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers, representing clients in every stage of the workers’ compensation process, including discovery, hearings, appeals and mediation.
- Family Law: Cases involving separate support and maintenance, divorce, child custody/support, alimony, equitable division and all other matters in the South Carolina Family Court system
Professional and Community Involvement
- South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association
- Annual Educational Conference Planning Committee
- South Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- "Is Change Coming? Further Examination of the Bentley Decision and Potential Legislative Reform," South Carolina Workers' Compensation Law Blog, July 2012
- Instructor, Workers’ Compensation Academy, South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Educational Association Conference, 2012
- Speaker, "South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Breakout Session," Florida Workers’ Compensation Institute Annual Educational Conference, 2010 - 2011
- Panel Speaker, "Multi-State Presentation," Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation Annual Educational Conference, 2009-2011