- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- Furman University, B.A. Political Science, History
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- Collins & Lacy almost Triples the Number of Attorneys Selected as South Carolina Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Primerus Paradigm Magazine Features Collins & Lacy's Community Service Initiatives
- Founding Partner Joel Collins Explains What Being a Primerus Member Means to Collins & Lacy
- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Expands Statewide Footprint with Opening of Charleston Office
- Collins & Lacy in the Blogosphere
William Thomas Bacon IV
Charleston, SC 29401
Tom Bacon is a shareholder with Collins & Lacy practicing in workers' compensation. During his seven years of practicing solely in this area of law, Tom has represented large and small businesses, insurance companies and uninsured employers, and he has successfully argued cases to the Full Workers’ Compensation Commission, Circuit Court and Supreme Court. Tom was most recently honored as a South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star® 2013. Rising Stars are attorneys, 40 years of age or younger, who have been practicing for 10 years or less. There are no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state named to the list.
After earning his dual degree in Political Science and History at Furman University, Tom graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Prior to joining Collins & Lacy, Tom was an attorney at a firm in Charleston, South Carolina.
Bookmark our blog:
Bookmark our blog:South Carolina Workers' Compensation Law Blog.
Read our newsletters for the latest information and updates on legal issues related to the practice of Workers' Compensation, Employment and Insurance law in South Carolina.
Awards and Recognition
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Workers’ Compensation: defense of self-insured and uninsured employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers, representing clients in every stage of the workers’ compensation process, including discovery, hearings, appeals and mediation.
Professional, Civic and Community Involvement
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- South Carolina Workers' Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
National Kidney Foundation
Annual Golf Tournament Committee
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- "How to Counter a 'Check the Box' Questionnaire," South Carolina Workers' Compensation Law Blog, September 2012
- "Sufficiency of Medical Opinions via 'Check the Box' Questionnaires," South Carolina Workers' Compensation Law Blog, August 2012
- Speaker, Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, "Returning the Injured Worker to Work: The Benefits to the Employer and the Injured Worker," 2010
- Instructor, Lorman Education Services 2007 Workers’ Compensation Update in South Carolina, with a presentation focus on:
- Detailed Review of Forms and Form Usage
- Returning the Injured Worker to Work in South Carolina
- Identifying Red Flags in Claims