- Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Wofford College, BA Business Economics
- Cum Laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- Collins & Lacy Elects Four Attorneys to Leadership Positions within the Statewide Firm
- Primerus Paradigm Magazine Features Collins & Lacy's Community Service Initiatives
- Founding Partner Joel Collins Explains What Being a Primerus Member Means to Collins & Lacy
- Collins & Lacy Welcomes Claude T. Prevost
Claude T. Prevost III
Columbia, SC 29201
Claude T. Prevost is a shareholder practicing in construction defect litigation, professional liability, retail/hospitality/entertainment law including negligent work allegations and premises liability law including "slip and fall" cases. During law school, Claude served as a summer intern for The Honorable Sol Blatt, Jr. in Charleston in 2006. During the summer of 2007, Claude served as a summer intern for The Honorable Bristow Marchant in Columbia while also working as a law clerk for Collins & Lacy. Claude performed 300 hours of Pro Bono work during law school prior to joining Collins & Lacy in 2008.
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Construction: defending developers, general contractors and subcontractors in areas of construction defect litigation.
- Premises Liability: representing retail and restaurant clients in personal injury actions arising from "slip and fall" and "trip and fall" cases.
- Retail/Hospitality/Entertainment: representing the leading national and regional companies in the hotel, food service, entertainment and retail industries, focusing on the protection of their brands, assets and patrons’ good will.
- Professional Liability Litigation: representing a variety of licensed professionals including health care providers, pharmacists, financial advisors, attorneys and insurance brokers and agents.
Professional, Civic and Community Involvement
- South Carolina Bar
- Young Lawyers Division Community Law Week Co-Chair, 2013-2014
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Young Lawyers Division Vice President 2014
- Young Lawyers Midlands Representative 2013
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Committee Member 2009-2013
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms