- Building Materials
- Commercial Construction
- Residential Construction
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, B.S., Industrial Relations
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Collins & Lacy Announces the Launch of South Carolina Transportation Law News
- Primerus Paradigm Magazine Features Collins & Lacy's Community Service Initiatives
- Founding Partner Joel Collins Explains What Being a Primerus Member Means to Collins & Lacy
- Joseph McCue Named to Crossover Communications International Board of Directors
- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Launches Subrogation Practice on Behalf of Third Parties and Insurers
Joseph S. McCue
Columbia, SC 29201
Joey McCue is a senior shareholder with Collins & Lacy and chair of the firm's Construction Practice Group. Joey's practice primarily focuses on construction, transportation, premises liability and pesticide litigation. Prior to joining Collins & Lacy in 1997, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Paula H. Thomas. Joey also has 10 years of experience in sales and as a business owner. His reputation in the courtroom and professional standing as an attorney are highly rated by his peers, according to Martindale-Hubbell.
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Construction Litigation: defense of developers, general contractors and sub-contractors with million dollar exposure, resolved through trial and mediation.
- Transportation Litigation: defense of tractor trailers and buses involving allegations of death and catastrophic injury.
- Premises Liability: including “trip and falls” and “slip and falls” for national fast-food chains and retailers.
- Pest Control Litigation: including the representation of licensed pest control operators in wood infestation and structural sub-structure repair claims, with hands-on experience in pesticide application and inspections, as well as sub-structure repair.
Professional, Civic and Community Involvement
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- YMCA Youth Soccer Coach
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church - Elder
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- "Limitation of Liability Clauses and Unconscionability: The Impact of Gladden v. Boykin on the Allocation of Risk through Contracts", South Carolina Lawyer November 2013
- "I Liked it When I Signed It - But I Don't Like it Now: Limitation of Liability Clauses," pg. 32, Paradigm Magazine, Fall 2013, a publication of International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- "I Liked it When I Signed it But I Don’t Like it Now – It Must Be Unconscionable," South Carolina Professional Appraisers Coalition, Summer 2013
- Building a Framework for Fixing Construction Issues, South Carolina HBA's South Carolina Builder, December 2010, Co-Author
- Speaker, AIG Construction Group Conference, San Ramone, CA, 2006
- Speaker, AIG Construction Group Conference, San Ramone, CA, 2003