Stephanie Mascella is an associate practicing in the areas of retail & hospitality law, professional liability, and trucking defense law. In her professional liability work, she concentrates on defending lawyers, financial advisors, stockbrokers, appraisers, and other professionals facing claims of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty. Within the field of retail & hospitality law, Stephanie works to defend national and regional leaders in the retail, hospitality, and entertainment sectors doing business in South Carolina in claims alleging premises liability, loss prevention, food adulteration, third party torts, and alcohol liability.
Stephanie also represents national and regional motor carriers, passenger bus companies, and their drivers in suits ranging from minor accidents and cargo claims to high-exposure, catastrophic injury claims often involving brain injury, paralysis, burns, and wrongful death.
Stephanie received her undergraduate degree at West Virginia University and earned her Juris Doctor at West Virginia University College of Law.
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
Awards & Recognition
- West Virginia Bar Foundation Public Service Scholarship
Professional, Civic, & Community Involvement
- Coastal Women's Law Association
- Horry County Bar Association
- Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Bar
- Young Lawyers Division
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association (SCDTAA)
- Young Lawyers' Division: Grand Strand Representative (2017-2018)