Charles is an associate practicing in the areas of professional liability, product liability, and trucking defense. He has experience working in aspects of professional and general liability, as well as transportation, commercial, civil, criminal, and domestic litigation.
Charles grew up in Greensboro, North Carolina, and then received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of South Carolina. He earned his Juris Doctor at the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating on the Dean’s List. Prior to working at Collins & Lacy, PC, Charles worked as an associate defending clients through all civil litigation, often practicing in the area of professional liability, and has dealt with various casualty claims. He has also been the sole attorney of a personal injury firm, where he handled all litigation cases beginning from the initial client meeting to the settlement or trial.
Charles lives in Columbia with his wife, Elizabeth, and two children. Through his involvement with the SC Bar, Charles has had the opportunity to mentor a child at Epworth Children’s Home, with bi-weekly visits.
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Recognition
Professional, Civic, & Community Involvement
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Ethics Advisory Committee
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Professional Liability Committee
- Resolution of Fee Disputes Board
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney Association (SCDTAA)
- Member and Chair of Government Liability Committee
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- U.S. District Court – District of South Carolina
- Epworth Children’s Home, Mentor
- Contemporaries for the Columbia Museum of Art
- Columbia Historical Foundation, Palladium Society